Glutes. Butt. Ass. Bottom. Posterior. Rear-end. Derriere.
Ok. So if you’re reading this, you’re beyond thinking that you need to be skinny skinny skinny to be sexy. A round, strong, shapely ass is pretty much number 1 in my book on sex appeal for both men and women.
Strong, muscled arms on a man–great–but if his jeans pockets are flat and saggy–sorry no can do!
But I digress. This is for us ladies who want a shapely, strong, booty.
Best Exercises for Shapely Glutes:
Single leg deadlift
Glute bridge/Hip thrust
Be aware that consistently doing these exercises may make your pants tighter in the booty! Trust me this is good. Make your booty bigger and in comparison your waist automatically looks smaller.
And no, it’s not just about how you look. Strong and functional hips and glutes will protect your lower back from injury and create explosive athletic power.
First, master the deadlift before moving on to the other exercises.
Deadlifts strengthen your glutes, hamstrings, back and the whole posterior chain (back side of the body). Start with no added weight, then add in a kettlebell. Here, I use a 35lb ‘bell. Go as heavy as you can once you have the form mastered.
How to do it:
- Stand slightly hip width apart with feet pointed straight ahead or slightly turned out.
- Sit your butt back, not down creating a crease in the front of your hips.
- Keeping your abs tight squeeze your butt and return to the start position.
- Knees caving in. Correct this by screwing your feet outward into the ground.
- Rounding your back. Correct this by keeping your chest up, your eyes forward, and a slight arch in your lower back.
- Squatting down instead of sitting back. Correct by leading with your butt moving back behind you. Don’t lead with your knees. You should feel at least a slight stretch in your hamstrings.
Try the deadlift today and let me know how it goes. Talk to me below…