Transform your physique to strong and sexy, your health to vibrant, and your attitude to kick ass!
You know it’s important to be and feel healthy. You want to feel and look sexy, strong, and confident. You know in your bones that you are magnificent, awesome, and Bad-ass, and you want it to show on the outside.
If you’re reading this, it’s very likely that you have tried MANY different diets, and types of exercise, in the hopes of feeling better, and looking your best. But none of them have worked for you, or they’ve only worked for a short time.Then you’ve lost the reward for all your hard earned efforts. So frustrating!
Any of this sound familiar?
- You’ve got negative thinking patterns about your body, yourself, and your life.
- You feel you’ve lost yourself to motherhood, doing for others, and need to get your mojo back.
- You need diet and nutrition coaching that cuts through all the hype, trends, and fads.
- You’ve had some chronic niggling aches and pains that you just can’t seem to get rid of.
- You want a plan, a system to follow to get the results that you want.
- You want a no-bullshitting friend to come alongside you and to encourage you and hold you accountable every step of the way.
- It is so painful for you to continue with the way things are, that you are ready to risk the pain of change.
If any of the above describe you, then–
I’ve got a solution for you:
Be Strong, Be Beautiful is a 6 month coaching program that will help you feel and be strong, confident, and comfortable in your skin!
Through strength training, simple nutrition, and shifting your limiting beliefs, you will transform your physique to strong and sexy, your health to vibrant, and your attitude to kick-ass!
What you get with Be Strong, Be Beautiful:
- 3 movement sessions every week for 24 weeks, plus initial intake session.
- 4 strength training plans customized to your ability level. Plans include bodyweight training, kettlebell training, and barbell training.
- Movement screening each month of the program to assess your strengths and weaknesses.
- You’ll learn systems for effective goal setting and figuring out what you really desire.
- Email review of sessions and homework assignments for the week.
- Simple, effective, no frills nutrition plan to follow. You don’t have to give up eating anything you love!
- You’ll learn correct and safe technique for all body weight, kettlebell, and barbell exercises.
- A 1 hour massage per each month of the program (6 massages total).
- Manual massage therapy during training sessions as needed.
- You’ll learn corrective exercises and stretches that will increase your range of motion and joint stability, and will reduce pain.
- You’ll learn an energizing daily movement routine to do at home.
- You’ll learn correct breathing for optimum oxygen delivery to your whole body.
- You’ll learn how to incorporate movement into your everyday life in small, simple, and FUN doses!
- You’ll learn strategies for maintaining your new physique and your new habits for life.
- All equipment is provided for you in my studio.
• One week menu plan.
• My cheat sheet on How to Be a Divine Badass.
Why an integrated package, instead of a pay-as-you-go a la carte menu?
You could hire a personal trainer, a massage therapist, a nutritionist, and a life coach separately, to meet with you just once a week. Then, you might have to figure in the costs of a gym membership, memberships to any special weight loss programs, the cost of special supplements, and special foods the programs might require you to buy.
This would obviously get expensive! And none of these people would be communicating with each other about you, your health plan, or be able to integrate all pieces of the puzzle with you.
What you get with Be Strong, Be Beautiful is a comprehensive, intensive, and integrated program to transform your physique your health and your mindset.
Yes! Schedule my FREE consultation!
What’s Covered in the Modules?
Introductory Module: Assessment of where you’re at and where you want to be, movement screen, S.M.A.R.T.E.R. goal setting.
Module 1: Alignment, correct breathing, corrective exercises, foam rolling and self-massage, movement correctives, basic bodyweight strength training. Simple nutrition, and creating a caloric deficit.
Module 2: Intro to kettlebell training including deadlifts, swings, squats, and Turkish get ups. Eating awareness, addressing emotional and food triggers.
Module 3: Intermediate kettlebell training, High intensity interval training, addressing mindset and limiting beliefs, learning to live from your magnificence.
Module 4: Introduction to barbell training, back squat, press, deadlift, glute training.
Module 5: More in-depth barbell training to build more strength and sculpt your physique, how to design your own simple and effective training programs.
Module 6: Combining body weight, kettlebell, and barbell training for a well-rounded training plan. Transitioning from the program, maintaining your new lifestyle, setting yourself up for continued success.
And if we haven’t met yet…
Hi there Beautiful! I’m Kristi Joy–Lover of All Things Movement, high heels, funky hair, ecstatic sex, and Jumping Off Into the Unknown.
Because I know what it feels like to be uncomfortable in your own skin and I know what it feels like to be strong, and Bad Ass! Because I’ve made the journey myself.
Because I love to MOVE, and to help others move well, and come home into their bodies.
What experience and training do I have to help you?
- I’ve been a mover/dancer all my life (got my B.A. in dance)
- I’ve been strength training for awhile (since 2009).
- I’ve been coaching people in how to align and strengthen their bodies for a bit (since 2011)
- I did some hard ass yoga practice (6 ish years)
- I’ve got my hardstyle kettlebell certification from Dragon Door.
- I’ve been doing massage and bodywork for awhile (since 2003)
- I suck into my brain all the information I can on movement, strength training, nutrition, health, and how to live an awesome life in general. Then I mix it around in there, make some connections, and put it all together for you.
Still not sure if this is the program for you?
Be Strong, Be Beautiful is NOT for you if:
- You like to try a new exercise program every week.
- You prefer group exercise programs and classes over one-on-one individualized instruction.
- You are not particularly interested in changing your physique to strong and muscular, sexy curves.
- You are healthy and feel vibrant already.
- You have no interest in following a system to get results.
- You are comfortable with the way you look and feel
But… if you want a systematized plan to get results, the individualized attention and instruction of working with me one-on-one, and you want your physique, your health and your life to kick ass! Then, Be Strong, Be Beautiful is just what you need.
More questions? I’ve got answers…
Q. I’ve tried every type of exercise and every diet out there, will it work for me?
If you are willing to change your mindset and put in some hard work, this system will work for you. You’ll also be changing the mindset that keeps you from making the progress you want, instead of just relying on willpower.
Q. Why a six month program? That seems long…
It takes that long to make significant change in your body and your life. You will start to see positive changes right away in the first month, but each step builds upon the last one, and you need them all to build the body and life that you want.
Q. Why not an online program that I could do from home?
When you want to make significant life changes, you need the accountability and the encouragement that meeting with me in person offers. A live, in person program makes you show up and makes sure that you do the work, with my eyes on you to make sure you’re doing it correctly. It’s more personal, in depth and than an online program could ever be.
That said, at some point in the future, I will likely be offering an online course for those who don’t need as much customized and in depth instruction, and paradigm shifting change
Q. Won’t lifting weights will bulk me up? I don’t want to look bulky, I just want to be thin.
Lifting weights must be a priority if you want to sculpt a strong, shapely body. Aerobics-only programs will NOT give you that. With this program you will become the best version of yourself. You will put on some beautiful dense muscle, but that will not cause you to look like the Hulk.
Q. I want to accept myself as I am. I don’t want to have to fit into the accepted rail thin standard of beauty. Can I accept myself and still do this program?
Be Strong, Be Beautiful, is not about attaining a model thin body, or a fitness model body, or any other photo shopped unrealistic standard of beauty. This transformation is about becoming the most awesome version of YOU.
You can accept yourself as you are now, while also working toward healthier body fat levels, more strength, and a physique that brings you more joy and confidence. Nurturing and caring for your body is self love.
Q. Will I actually do it?
Well, Hmmm…will you? You will be learning and training in the studio with me 3 times a week, so yes, you will be doing the physical part of it. Since I can’t live with you (and you wouldn’t want me to 😉 you will need to monitor your own nutrition. However, I will give you a plan and all the tools you need to make it easy. You will also be changing your mindset throughout the program so that you will be super motivated to succeed.
Q. Where the hell am I going to find the time to take 3 hours out of my busy schedule to meet with you?
Let me be gentle about this: You WILL find the time when you are sick and injured and depressed, and unable to move and have all the fun adventures you want to have in life. Then you will be wondering why you didn’t take the time to make your health, your well-being, and your joy the number ONE priority.
Q. I’m in! I’m in! But…. My finances….
Trust me when I say I totally understand this. But sometimes, you just gotta jump. I am in no way telling you to go into debt or do something you truly don’t have the money for. Just re evaluate your priorities, and make sure your money is going toward what you really want and value. And if it is, and that doesn’t include this program, then kudos to you Sister, you are on your Soul Path and you’ll get to where you want to go without me. But if you really want this more than anything, then you might have to do some creative shifting of the moolah. You ARE important. You ARE worth it.
I’m 95% sure, but I want you to really convince me! How will Be Strong, Be Beautiful change my life?
1. You will be more confident.
Knowing you have the strength and coordination to do push ups, kettlebells swings, full squats, and deadlift 100, 180lbs or more, imparts a kind of centered-ness and power that can come from nothing else.
2. Your aches and pains will decrease.
Learning correct alignment, correct lifting technique, and correct movement patterns, will decrease if not eliminate much of your chronic aches and pains. As you get the hips, glutes, core, and back strong, your body will begin to heal itself. You will decrease your back, knee, neck, and shoulder pain. It’s amazing!
3. You will be happier.
For individuals with mild to moderate depression, exercise is as effective as anti-depressant medications–with much better side effects! I have personally experienced this effect, both in the short term and in the long term. Improved quality of nutrition, and changing your mindset will also improve your mood.
4. You will improve your brain health.
There is a study that shows the benefits of lifting weights and resistance training over aerobic training. The group that participated in strength training outperformed the other groups on tests of attention, memory, and conflict resolution.
5. You will have better sex.
Okay, so this is just my guess, my opinion and–ahem–my experience. (And because I believe that ecstatic sex is one of the most important things in life.)
Confidence + decreased pain + increased strength +improved physique +better mood + fewer physical limitations– what’s not hot about that??
6. You will begin to see, know, and experience your beauty and your strength.
“No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for [wo]man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which [her] body is capable.” Socrates
Going to your grave never knowing what your body was truly capable of would be a shame. The sense of mastery, freedom, and exhilaration that comes from meeting and exceeding physical challenges is unparalleled.
7. You will become a Bad Ass (aka perseverance.)
Oh, do you ever learn about patience, determination, and grit while slowly, and incrementally, working toward your goals. Day by day mastering movement skills and feeling less pain. Step by step getting stronger, leaner, and healthier—becoming the most awesome version of yourself.
8. You will improve your heart health.
Fat loss improves heart health. Quality nutrition improves heart health. Strength training improves heart health. No lifting weights is not necessarily aerobic, but it IS “cardio”. Lifting heavy for 5 reps will have you breathing heavy and your heart rate up. Heart health without the boring treadmill!
9. Strength training keeps you young.
The cascade of hormones that your body produces in response to lifting weights and strength training (vs. aerobic exercise), are the hormones that keep you young, strong, vital.
10. You will transform (my favorite reason).
The weight on the bar doesn’t get lighter–YOU get stronger. The challenges in your life don’t go away and they don’t get easier–
You rise to the challenge. Your internal strength grows.
Okay that’s all I got for you.
Are you ready to Kick-Ass??